Thursday, December 17, 2015

30 Days of Devotion to Hekate: Day 29

29. Any interesting or unusual UPG to share? 

I typed out a big post but hit a button when I copied it on my phone and it deleted it. Sigh.

Ok so I'll shorten it to UPG *I've* encountered. It's a short list since I haven't been on this path as long as some.

I've found she likes saffron incense as an offering.

She also likes tea, I'm not a wine drinker so I really don't buy it. I'm considering buying small quantities for special rites but I have no use for big bottles and would only use it for devotion. I typically use pomegranate tea.

I also feel called to cover my hair in rites or celebrations, though not in every day life and not necessarily modest or for modesty. Loose draping for instance. I know some people are the opposite and feel called to unbind or I've even read dreading. My hair is up in a pony tail 90% of the time and to wear it down I have to straighten it (which would be my ideal method but isn't feasible often for health reasons). As frizzy and wild as it gets when dry it would just distract and annoy me if left completely unbound. That may be a cross over from my every day life. I hate leaving my hair unbound and untamed but I want to do more than just the usual ponytail.

No comments:

Post a Comment