Monday, December 7, 2015

30 Days of Devotion to Hekate: Day 25

25. A time Hekate has refused to help:

Seems like, like me, several devotees have a ton of experience with her not really saying outright "No" but instead telling us that we're capable of doing it ourselves. Just like my post yesterday, what I asked for and what I got weren't and aren't always the same thing. Probably a good thing too considering. But in a round about way I still got results.

One thing to consider when asking for things, Hekate won't just grant every request for you. Especially if you're fully capable of doing it yourself. You may not THINK you can but time and again She'll show you that you can. She also likely won't grant you frivolous things you don't need. So I wouldn't bother asking for a vacation house in the keys or a yacht or things of that nature. Even things you may need, sometimes the most you'll get is the courage to strike out and do it yourself.

There's been a couple of times when I've been ... pretty wound up. A ball of emotions and stress and sought Her help and She gave me strength to push through it but didn't do it for me or even lead me in the right direction. Sometimes it's enough for her to say "I'm here with you but this you must do yourself."

4 comments:

  1. I also have this experience of Her. He doesn't pamper you, but She is a powerful protectress. She encourages independence. I posted this on the Crossroads group on FB and thought it would be pertinent to share here: " I have experienced Hekate as a wise teacher, one who teaches you to live on your feet and not on your knees. She doesn't demand worship - at least from me. She has taught me to worship MYSELF and honour MYSELF - that to give attention to anything is to give it power. She is the Dark Saviour, who'll provide one with salvation but She won't give you it on a golden platter, you'll have to work and fight for it as well. She will teach you to reign and hold the reins of Power. She's whispered to me that "There is no God but YOU"...I guess this might be 'sinister' and 'blasphemous' to some, but I guess it fits well with what one poster said with regards to the 'Queen of Hell' title Jackie Morfesis - 'And not all denominations view hell in the same context. Many view it as a state of being with the absence of God'. In my cosmos, Zeus doesn't reign, nor does any other god...I am the sole mover. To me, Hekate is the teacher of ultimate freedom and enlightenment. Better to reign in Hell than serve on your knees in 'Heaven'."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've definitely had the experience time and time again of doing it myself under Her watchful eyes. I don't think She's ever the one to just hand it to you. I've always been strong willed and believed more in myself than waiting for anything else and she definitely strengthens that. I myself am of the persuasion that all the Gods and Goddesses exist in the cosmos but none are going to do anything for you unless you're willing to do it yourself, which aligns in part with the self aspect of your comment. If I want anything, if I want Her help or any kind of favor from Her, I have to be the one to fight for it and prove I deserve it.

      Bright Blessings!
      ~ Calypso

      Delete
  2. Hmm...I wonder which God grants frivolous requests...I have quite a few..lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if only it worked that way. I have a small (ok not so small lol) list of frivolous things I'd like to acquire.

      ~ Calypso

      Delete