Tuesday, December 8, 2015

30 Days of Devotion to Hekate: Day 26

26. How has your relationship with Hekate changed over time? 

How has it changed? Hmm. I suppose if anything, it's grown stronger. I've mentioned time and again that by most standards. I'm very new to my devotion to Hekate, less than a year. At first I was hesitant. Not in embracing Her but in that I knew literally nothing about Her, nothing of what I was doing and really I was amazed to have even been picked by a deity and had a Patroness. Not everyone does. Sure you can worship any deity but you'll see time and again in research that not everyone has a Patron deity and not every deity you call to, to see if they are or will accept you, actually will. I felt like I did but was prepared for disappointment (in case I didn't).

These days I'm just working more towards becoming even closer to her. I'm fully devoted, bound by rites as a Devotee and Priestess to Her but there's always more work to be done in Her name. I don't think I'll ever stop working to be closer to Her unless such time comes where She feels time to move on, which also does happen. For now, I'm just trying to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment