Tuesday, November 24, 2015

30 Days of Devotion to Hekate: Day 13

13. What modern cultural issues are closest to this deity’s heart?

This one I'm kind of iffy on. If you feel called to something in Hekate’s name then I would say that is something she is holding dear.

As for me, well I've always been an animal lover, and animals are sacred to Hekate. I help out as much as possible with a family members dog rescue with fostering or providing transport or menial tasks in the office. I've also fostered cats or again transport, taken in abandoned kittens because I have a mama cat and can syringe feed. I had 9 cats/kittens this past month on top of my dachshund. I'd take in more if I had the room. Especially that little fluffy orange one that follows me up the sidewalk nearly every night. I still may, it's getting cold and I'm not sure if it has anywhere to stay warm. Or at least I may make an insulated box for it to hunker down in.

It is also said that Hekate protects those that society shuns, thieves, prostitutes, begars, witches, etc and that some of her priest(esses) were trans or the like. My voice may be small and I can't do much but I'm an ally to all those who are oppressed, against family, friends, strangers, etc. I can't do much in the grand scheme of things but I don't tolerate any of that around me. My blood pressure is really suffering these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment